Are you a student who has a disability between the age of 18 to 24 and want to earn some work experience? Project SEARCH may be for you.
This program introduces a group of young adults to the workplace with real world job experiences over the course of nine months through a nonpaid internship. Youth will be exposed to various job skills and positions over three 10-week rotations. Don’t worry we’ve got your back with on-the-job coaching and work site accommodations.
Don’t miss out on experiencing a combination of classroom instruction, career exploration and on-the-job-training with support from professional Project SEARCH staff.
Benefit to Participants
- Acquire competitive and marketable job skills
- Gain increased independence, confidence and self-esteem
- Obtain on-site and individualized instruction and support
- Receive job placement assistance after program graduation
- Gain successful, independent community employment
- Must have an employment goal instead of attending college
- Must be 18 years of age (before or during program year)
- Have a disability and eligible for DRS services
- Ability to take direction and change behavior
- Be able to communicate
- Able to pass drug and felony screening (if applicable)
- Have updated immunizations
- Willingness to access independent transportation options
- Willingness to utilize acquired skills to obtain independent community employment
For more information contact DRS Transition Coordinator at 405 951-3488.