Equipment Distribution Program
If hearing or speech problems make it difficult to access the telephone, the Oklahoma Equipment Distribution Program may be able to assist you. The Oklahoma Equipment Distribution Program strives to make communication accessible to Oklahomans of all ages through various programs. Qualifying individuals may receive services and equipment at little or no cost. Application for the Equipment Distribution Program
Who is Eligible for Equipment?
To be eligible, a person must:
- Be a resident of the State of Oklahoma.
- Be 60 years of age or older for the hearing aid program.
- Provide verification (proof) of: Hearing or speech impairment (Not required for hearing aid program): loss severe enough to require use of TTY or amplifier to use the telephone.
- List any other contributing disability (i.e. blindness, visual impairment, physical disability, etc.) This must be verifiable.
- List income. (See form for details)
- Requests for Captioned Telephones (CapTel) require an audiogram.
The following people are qualified to verify applicant's disability:
- Any physician licensed to practice medicine in the State of Oklahoma
- Speech pathologist
- Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor
- Other individual or agency with records to verify disability
If you need more information, contact the Equipment Distribution Program Office. Please note: The hearing aid program only has enough funds to provide one non-digital hearing aid per person.
To apply for the Equipment program you must complete an application and send verification of your total income to our office. We are required to have a physical record of your total income in our files. If you currently file income tax with the I.R.S., we need alternative documentation of your income. This must include a copy of a recent bank statement. Income Guidelines
# in family
Monthly income guideline
If your income is above the guideline, a co-payment will be charged. The co-payment will equal ten percent of the difference between your monthly income, and the monthly income guideline