Chapter 15: Transportation
Section 2: Urban Transportation Programs
Citylink Access Paratransit (CAP) is a curb-to-curb service available to residents with disabilities. Citylink will comfortably drive them to their destination within the city-limits of Edmond in a wheelchair accessible bus ? for free. The CAP hours of service are 8AM to 5PM Monday through Saturday. Customers should call at least 48 hours prior to pick up to ensure availability. For more info or to request an application for CAP, call Citylink at 509-6370.
EMBARK provides a wide range of transportation services, including special services for older adults and persons with disabilities. An application process is required for all special services programs provided. Programs include:
- Plus: Public transportation within the service area for persons whose disability prevents them from using EMBARK’s fixed-route bus system. Lift-equipped vans operate weekdays and Saturdays. For more information call 405-235-7433.
- Link: Evening and Sunday public transportation van service for riders in the area bound approximately by Meridian, Bryant, NW 63 and SW 74. The flexible route service operates when city buses do not run. All vehicles are wheelchair accessible. Call 405-688-6552 for information or to schedule a ride.
- Share-A-Fare: provides a 40 percent discount on taxi fares for older adults and persons with disabilities who live in a participating area. Coupon books must be purchased in the city where the resident lives.
- Bus Fare Discounts: Bus fares and passes are half price for persons 60 and older, or doctor certified as disabled. Participants must show an EMBARK photo ID or Medicare card. Call 405-235-7433 today for personal trip planning.
- STEP - Shopping Shuttle: Is a donation based shuttle van service to designated grocery stores for persons 60 and older who live in the service area. Participants are picked up at their residence, senior citizen centers or Congregate Meal Site. Call 405-297-2583 to schedule a shopping trip.
- Congregate Meal Transportation: Persons 60 and older who live within the service area are provided round trip van service to a local nutrition site for morning activities and a noon meal. Call 405-297-2583 to schedule meal transportation.
- Helpline: A taxi service for emergency or medically related transportation for the homeless. It is coordinated through social service agencies and is underwritten by EMBARK and the City of Oklahoma City.
- RSVP - PROVIDE-A-RIDE: The Retired Senior Volunteer Provide-A-Ride program links senior volunteer drivers with low to moderate income seniors in need of transportation to medical appointments. Call 405-605-3106 to schedule a ride.
- Daily Living Center: Roundtrip, door-to-door transportation service for older adults and persons with disabilities to the Daily Living Center, an adult day care center. The center provides nutrition, nurse monitoring, therapeutic programs and physical and occupational therapy. Call 405-792-2401 to schedule a trip.
CART features five city routes, three campus routes and a route connecting Norman to Oklahoma City. The system's fleet consists of replica trolleys, paratransit vans, and city transit coaches. CART provides origin-to-destination service for disabled riders called MetroLift. All CART vehicles are lift-equipped, allowing those riders with a disability to board the vehicle independently.
SoonerRide arranges to take Oklahomans to medical services covered by Medicaid. It is not for emergencies and reservations must be made at least three days before the appointment to arrange for a ride. Hours of operation are 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Saturday.
Fixed Route Buses: Buses run Monday through Saturday with no service on Sunday. Tulsa Transit's bus service is available throughout the City of Tulsa, and extends into Jenks, Sand Springs and Broken Arrow. Tulsa Transit also offers reduced fares for youth, seniors and persons with disabilities. If you're 75 or older, you can get a Super Senior pass and ride free. All buses are lift-equipped.
- The Lift: The Lift Program is Tulsa Transit's curb-to-curb paratransit service for persons with disabilities who have been determined ADA Paratransit Eligible and who are five (5) years of age or older. The Lift uses both lift-equipped vans and regular taxi cabs. Hours of operation are 4:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Monday - Friday, and 5:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Saturdays.
Generally, rides should be scheduled before 5 p.m. one day in advance, and trips can be scheduled as much as 7 days in advance. Service boundaries are the Tulsa city limits.
- Carpool and Vanpool: The Rideshare program links drivers for carpooling purposes.
- Medical trips: Medical appointment transportation is provided for low income persons with no access to a vehicle or bus service. Eligibility is determined by approved clinics and agencies.