Chapter 14: Disability Tax Provisions and Special Discounts

Section 3: Discounts and Special Benefits

America the Beautiful - Access Pass

A pass is a ticket to more than 2,000 federal recreation sites. Each pass covers entrance fees at national parks and national wildlife refuges as well as standard amenity fees (day use fees) at national forests and grasslands, and at lands managed by the Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. A pass covers entrance, standard amenity fees and day use fees for a driver and all passengers in a personal vehicle at per vehicle fee areas (or up to four adults at sites that charge per person). Children age 15 or under are admitted free.

America the Beautiful - Senior Pass

America the Senior Pass costs $80 Lifetime Senior Pass and $20 Annual Senior Pass. It's available for U.S. citizens or permanent residents age 62 or over. Applicants must provide documentation of age and residency or citizenship.

Click on the website for more information.

Oklahoma Parks and Recreation Facilities

State of Oklahoma Resorts may provide a room or cabin discount to persons age 62 and over and to persons who are totally disabled. Available discounts are reflected on and are subject to availability and demand.

A campground discount of 50% off the campsite base rate is offered to 100% Disabled persons seven days a week; utility charges are not discounted. Verification of total disability is required to be eligible for the disability discounts. Verification documentation from an official government entity establishing 100% disability must be provided to be eligible for this discount.

Wheelchair accessible resorts include Lake Murray Lodge, Roman Nose Lodge and Sequoyah Lodge. A totally accessible cabin is available at Greenleaf Lake.

Information and online booking for all State Parks and Lodges is available at

Oklahoma Sales Tax Relief Credit [Individual]

O.S. 68-5010 sections 1-7: To file for sales tax relief, you must be an Oklahoma resident and physically live in Oklahoma for the entire year. Your total gross household income cannot exceed $20,000 unless one of the following applies:

  • You can claim an exemption for your dependent, or
  • You are 65 years of age or older by 12/31/06, or
  • You have a physical disability constituting a substantial handicap to employment (provide proof, see Form 538-S).

If any one of the above three items pertains to you, your total gross household income limit is increased to $50,000. Fill out and enclose Form 538-S if you qualify for this credit.

The Department of Human Services will make sales tax refunds to persons who have been continuously receiving aid to the aged, blind and disabled or Medicaid payment for nursing home care. These individuals do not need to file claims directly with the Tax Commission.See Schedule 511-C, follow this link,

Oklahoma Wildlife Department


Hunting and Fishing Licenses for People with Disabilities - Legally blind or physically impaired persons who have difficulty using fishing equipment are not required to purchase State fishing licenses if they carry with them a letter from a doctor specifying their disability and functional limitations. One companion may also fish free.

Persons using wheelchairs are exempt from State hunting licenses if they carry a doctor's letter specifying their disability; however, non-ambulatory hunters who wish to hunt from a vehicle on private lands must obtain a non-ambulatory permit. Veterans with disability ratings of 60% or more may contact the VA office in Muskogee at 1-888-655-2838 to obtain a card which will exempt them from purchase of hunting and fishing licenses (some tags not included).

Also exempt from fishing license requirements are residents of Oklahoma institutions established for the care and treatment of mental illness or alcohol or drug dependence, and persons who are developmentally disabled and residing in a group home or other institution.

The state also has a Disability Fishing License which is valid for five years and can be purchased for $10. This license is available for legal residents of Oklahoma who have lived in the state for six months and who are receiving Social Security Disability Insurance or SSI. A 5-year Disability Hunting License (same qualifications) may also be purchased for $10.

Call the numbers above for added information on disability hunting and fishing license provisions. Wildlife Department publications on hunting and fishing regulations, including disability provisions, are available on request.

1801 N. Lincoln Blvd.
Oklahoma City , OK 73105


405-521-3852 -Licensing