Chapter 7: Information Sources
Section 3: Specific Disabilities – Information Sources
Subsection: Growth Disorders
The focus and emphasis of the Foundation objectives vary with the opportunities to provide support, services, and education to children with disorders of growth and adults with growth hormone deficiency, and to the medical profession. The foundation's objectives include:
- Support of Research,
- Family Education and Service,
- Public Outreach and Education,
- Support of Parents of Children, and Adults,
- Support of Training for Growth Specialist, and
- Education of the Medical Profession.
Major Aspects of Growth In Children (MAGIC) is made up of more than 25,000 families whose children (and affected adults) have growth hormone deficiency or other medical conditions, which affect their growth. While growth hormone deficiency is the most commonly known disorder it is not the most common cause of growth failure.