EMBARK provides a wide range of transportation services, including special services for older adults and persons with disabilities. An application process is required for all special services programs provided. Programs include:
- Plus: Public transportation within the service area for persons whose disability prevents them from using EMBARK’s fixed-route bus system. Lift-equipped vans operate weekdays and Saturdays. For more information call 405-235-7433.
- Link: Evening and Sunday public transportation van service for riders in the area bound approximately by Meridian, Bryant, NW 63 and SW 74. The flexible route service operates when city buses do not run. All vehicles are wheelchair accessible. Call 405-688-6552 for information or to schedule a ride.
- Share-A-Fare: provides a 40 percent discount on taxi fares for older adults and persons with disabilities who live in a participating area. Coupon books must be purchased in the city where the resident lives.
- Bus Fare Discounts: Bus fares and passes are half price for persons 60 and older, or doctor certified as disabled. Participants must show an EMBARK photo ID or Medicare card. Call 405-235-7433 today for personal trip planning.
- STEP - Shopping Shuttle: Is a donation based shuttle van service to designated grocery stores for persons 60 and older who live in the service area. Participants are picked up at their residence, senior citizen centers or Congregate Meal Site. Call 405-297-2583 to schedule a shopping trip.
- Congregate Meal Transportation: Persons 60 and older who live within the service area are provided round trip van service to a local nutrition site for morning activities and a noon meal. Call 405-297-2583 to schedule meal transportation.
- Helpline: A taxi service for emergency or medically related transportation for the homeless. It is coordinated through social service agencies and is underwritten by EMBARK and the City of Oklahoma City.
- RSVP - PROVIDE-A-RIDE: The Retired Senior Volunteer Provide-A-Ride program links senior volunteer drivers with low to moderate income seniors in need of transportation to medical appointments. Call 405-605-3106 to schedule a ride.
- Daily Living Center: Roundtrip, door-to-door transportation service for older adults and persons with disabilities to the Daily Living Center, an adult day care center. The center provides nutrition, nurse monitoring, therapeutic programs and physical and occupational therapy. Call 405-792-2401 to schedule a trip.
Special Transportation Services
2000 S May AvenueOklahoma City , OK 73108
07:3ZY; 15:02; 15:03;